Limmud Toronto is a unique inclusive festival of Jewish learning that embraces the diversity of the Jewish community of greater Toronto, Canada’s largest Jewish community and one of the most dynamic Diaspora communities in the world. Internationally, Limmud Festivals transform communities, leveraging a grassroots approach to Jewish learning that emphasizes inclusion and participation. Limmud Toronto is developed, organized, and run by volunteers.
Revenue generated from ticket sales does not cover all of the Festival expenses. In order to keep Limmud accessible to the community with world-class programming, memorable meaningful learning experiences, and affordable ticket prices, we rely on the generosity and financial support from community members and partner organizations.
We truly appreciate contributions of all sizes.
Thank you for your support.
To make a one-time donation online:
Please click here to give your gift online.
To donate by cheque:
Please make payable to “Limmud Canada” and mail cheques to:
179 Lisa Crescent
Limmud is a Registered Charity. Donors will receive a tax receipt.
Registered Charitable No. 874453905RR0001
What Does my Support Provide?
Your donation to Limmud allows us to provide high-level programming that includes talented, knowledgeable speakers, dazzling performers, creative opportunities, and delicious food and drink. Funds will be used to make sure Limmud is accessible to everyone, so that income, age, employment, travel needs, or childcare needs are not an obstacle to learning at Limmud.
If you would like to direct your donation towards a specific fundraising goal, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nosh! Sit down and enjoy a catered lunch at Limmud with your fellow participants. Meal options will be Kosher and vegetarian, and will include vegan and gluten-free options. Snacks and coffee will be provided between sessions. Limmud is looking for $10, 000 to feed our guests.
- Kid’s Program! Limmud would like to invite our youngest participants to their own festival, featuring childcare, entertainment, and creative options, while their adults are attending other sessions. Limmud is looking for $2000 to provide childcare services and children’s programming.
- Ingathering of the Exiles: Limmud would like to extend an invitation to the Jewish communities of Thornhill, Vaughn, and Hamilton, by providing buses to and from locations in the GTHA. We are looking for $2000 to provide busing.
- L’dor v’dor: Limmud Toronto wants to welcome university students to this enriching and multifaceted day of learning. We are looking for $2000 to help us subsidize the price of admission for students who attend Limmud.
- Warm Welcome: Limmud welcomes presenters from the Toronto area and from around the world. Presenters volunteer their time, passion, and expertise at Limmud. Please help us welcome our out-of-town guests to the Limmud Toronto festival. We are looking for $2500 to help subsidize travel expenses for presenters.
- Gift of Giving: Limmud is run by volunteers who demonstrate endless hours, dedication, and commitment to building the program and the opportunities of the day. Individuals who volunteer to make the Limmud festival happen, whether by working for one of our committees or in a shift on the festival day will receive, with your help, a discount on the price of their admission. We are looking for $600 to help subsidize the admission for the volunteers without whom Limmud would not be possible.
Sponsors and Partners
If you or your organization would like to be recognized as a Sponsor of Limmud Toronto, please reach out to us at email@example.com Sponsors will be recognized on the Limmud website, and in our program.
If your organization is interested in Partnering with Limmud Toronto, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Partner organizations are those who help us to promote and advertise Limmud events, host an out-of-town presenter, or provide training or volunteers or other services.
We are pleased to recognize sponsors and partners of different levels:
There are many meaningful ways to give to Limmud Toronto.
To donate as a tribute in honour of a special event, or in memoriam…
To sponsor a speaker…
To create an annual gift…
To dedicate a scholarship for students…
To direct your gift towards a specific part of the Limmud festival…
Contact us here.
Your gift enables us to fulfill our commitment to provide excellent programming and a unique, vibrant forum for sharing ideas, celebrating learning, and developing deep connections between and among the many diverse Jewish voices of the Toronto area.